Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Marketing on a shoestring budget

“Word of mouth” is the number one avenue to market yourself and your business endeavor. In order to get clients/customers by “word of mouth,” you must have an established track record although it doesn’t necessarily have to be for your current endeavor.

For example, when I started my consulting company I didn’t have an established track record as a business consultant, but I did have a well-established track record for delivering results from an NPO that I had run. I informed my colleagues, in the non-profit community, that I was going into consulting. This led to “word of mouth” recommendations. I wasn’t inundated with clients but it gave me a great start.

Maintain your integrity with everything that you do, maintain contact with former colleagues, co-workers and employers and absolutely network with others in your chosen industry.

©2010 Cultivating Careers

No comments:

Post a Comment